Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Cleft palate repair

(2 Posts)
Imperialleather2 Sun 09-Nov-14 20:08:48

My ds is due to have his cleft repair op in 5 weeks. I am dreading it and really worried as to how sore he will be afterwards. I feel like all the doctors/ nurses have down played how bad it is and whilst it doesn't actually make any difference to the reality I just want to know what we're in for.

Has anyone else got a child who has had this surgery? If so could you please share your experiences with me and do you have any tips?

Thanks

WeDontDoPrincess Sat 15-Nov-14 21:40:50

My brother had his cleft palate repaired when he was little (he's 35 now). I'm only a year older so don't remember it clearly, but I know he was sooooo much better afterwards and was eating (soft) food very quickly - which he loved as he was a massive angel delight fan grin

The op was fantastic for him, you'd never know he'd ever had problems.

Sorry not to be much more specific, but want to wish you best of luck and for a speedy recovery for your ds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now