Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Strange ticking sound coming from baby's nose - sinuses?

(6 Posts)
ilovetosleep Thu 06-Nov-14 22:27:55

Bear with me, this sounds a bit weird!

I am up All. Night. Long. With DS2, 7mo, who wakes every hour and needs a bf to sleep. He has had reflux so I hold him upright afterwards. When he is at a certain angle, or horizontal, I can her a faint ticking/clicking/ popping sound coming from inside his nose. It is quite rhythmical, sometimes it could be a heartbeat but more often it's just random. Quite fast. Could sound like a very distant dripping tap.

It's been there as long as I can remember. Could it be 'the thing' that is preventing him sleeping properly?! Also shld mention that he snores and is always mildly congested. (Stuffy but dry).

Thanks!

anonymous89 Fri 07-Nov-14 08:26:11

She sounds like a blocked nose. Use olbas oil or baby snuffle (vapour rub) for babas. This should do the trick,my youngest was the same. I also used carpal nasal spray

anonymous89 Fri 07-Nov-14 08:26:40

Or should I say calpol nasal spray LOL!

ilovetosleep Fri 07-Nov-14 09:08:00

Thanks for the reply, although I'm not convinced it is just a blocked nose. It sounds much further away than that and isn't in time with breathing in and out. There are many more 'ticks' than breaths.

ilovetosleep Fri 07-Nov-14 09:08:52

And it sounds so internal than you can only hear ut if you come very very close...

306235388 Fri 07-Nov-14 12:16:58

Could it be a floppy larynx?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now