Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Toddler had accident feel awful :(

(5 Posts)
Wishfulmakeupping Thu 06-Nov-14 18:55:29

Poor dd she was playing on her new scooter and went over it and banged her mouth and nose on a cabinet.
Doctor's checked her out and she's ok but seeing her bleeding and upset its broke my heart. Keep re-playing it in my mind I know kids have accidents but I can't stop crying!

noblegiraffe Thu 06-Nov-14 19:03:39

DS did the same and chipped a tooth. So horrible seeing them covered in blood and knowing that a kiss better won't cut it. You've had a bad shock, take care of yourself, sit down and have a cup of tea.

mamalovebird Thu 06-Nov-14 19:15:20

It's awful but she'll be fine smile
My dd broke her ankle on her first birthday after she went over on her new ride on wheelie bug thing. I went to pieces at the hospital. The poor twenty-something paediatrician didn't know what to do, poor fella.
These things happen, don't beat yourself up.

Wishfulmakeupping Thu 06-Nov-14 19:48:54

It was a wheelie bug one this time too- bloody things!
You're both right I'm trying to not be upset in front of her- she seems ok just looks awful

Wishfulmakeupping Thu 06-Nov-14 20:38:50

Dd is asleep now poor baby she doesn't even look like herself because her mouth is so swollen this is horrible

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now