Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Toilet problems. Any help/advice greatly appreciated

(5 Posts)
askyfullofstars Mon 03-Nov-14 11:44:23

DS is 3, almost 4. This has been going off and on since the end of September. He complains that his bum hurts him (mostly at night, but to be honest I think he is kept too busy at nursery during the day to say much), he strains to go to the toilet. He does go once or twice a day and it is normal looking poo but he really strains to get it out, his bum is sore and it is definitely getting worse, last night he was up and down all night saying he needed the toilet but then just sitting on the toilet straining so hard.
Its so awful to see him suffering so badly with it, I am just waiting for my GP to call back to see if they have an appointment, but does anyone else have any experience of this?

SecretSpy Mon 03-Nov-14 17:55:46

painful bottom worse at night suggests thread worms to me I'm afraid. may be worth discussing with a pharmacist to see if treating for worms might be a plan.

Sleepyhoglet Mon 03-Nov-14 17:56:24

Def treat for worms

Sleepyhoglet Mon 03-Nov-14 17:56:48

If he's constipated make sure he's getting fibre

3littlefrogs Mon 03-Nov-14 17:57:35

Yes - the ubiquitous worms. Nursery is the ideal place to get them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now