Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

reintroducing food after a sickness bug

(1 Post)
bessie26 Sat 01-Nov-14 21:21:00

We've had an eventful half term away with all 3 DC going down with a sickness bug (along with another couple of people we were staying with)

DC3(6.5m) was sick last monday morning, but he's been ok since - happy & definately no concerns about him getting dehydrated.

He's been having shorter, but more frequent feeds (bm roughly every 3hours) as he was sick again on weds after a longer feed & I assumed it was too much for his poorly tummy. He started solids about 4 weeks ago, so I've also been giving him occasional very small meals of mashed up banana or cooked apple.

When we got home yesterday I gave him half a Ella's kitchen pouch of pureed veg which he loved, so this morning I gave him half a weetabix with some cow's milk. About 3 hours later it all came back up (made a nice mess on mum's sofa)

So.... do you think it was the dairy? (too much too soon?) - it seems like it took quite a long time to come back up?

Or is it another bug? I'm wondering whether I need to keep him away from the other DC :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now