Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Investigations for sleep apnoea in child

(3 Posts)
reikizen Sat 01-Nov-14 18:42:37

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of attending a sleep clinic to diagnose sleep apnoea in a child? Dd2 is going in next weekend (I am going with her) and I have obviously read around the subject but was after some personal advice really from parents who have been there.

Bumbleb79 Sun 02-Nov-14 21:39:34

Hi ,
My DS who is 2 years 2 months attended the sleep clinic 3 weeks back. I accompanied him. His breathing has been a little laboured while sleeping also accompanied with snoring. The doctors think it could be because of adenoids. So we were referred for the sleep study.
What kind of information are you looking for. I can help you with what I know.

Whereisegg Sun 02-Nov-14 21:55:43

Dh went in with ds for his sleep study.

We knew he was a snorer and a mouth breather, but we shared a room with him at a family party and noticed that he was not breathing for about 5 secs or so quite regularly.

He was referred for a tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy which really helped, although 2 years on, he's snoring again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now