Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Childhood cancer :(

(2 Posts)
nikki23861 Fri 31-Oct-14 22:25:56

Hi all, I just wondered if anyone knew of any parent/childrens groups for children with cancer. Or perhaps you know of someone in a similar situation to myself?

I am a single Mum with a toddler who has cancer, I feel like we don't really mix with many people for various reasons, and I would like to find parents in a similar situation to perhaps support/help one another.

My son is 18 months into his treatment for Leukaemia and is doing well. He is now in a more manageable and "easier" phase of treatment, and I feel like we need to start having more of a social life again.

Things have been tough over the last 18 months since my son began treatment, and I have probably been a bit overprotective with him due to his immune system always being low and an admission to intensive care for contracting the flu virus, so you can see why I worry sad

However my son needs to be more social, as do I, we live in a little bubble ( a happy one) however I feel that we need some new friends, some who can relate to us and understand our situation.

If you know of anyone who can help me that would be great,smile

JuniperTisane Fri 31-Oct-14 22:36:54

Hi Nikki. There is a long-running support thread over in Childrens Health for parents of children with cancer. I'm sure they will welcome you and point you in the right direction for RL support.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/childrens_health/2011666-Children-with-Cancer?msgid=49253743

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now