Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Phlegm.....

(4 Posts)
Cornonthecob Fri 31-Oct-14 05:39:44

Hi, 5 year old has a dry chesty cough , dr has him on inhalers (blue & brown) we are persisting with but not really making a difference!

Day time we/he can cope but at night he has a lot of phlegm I've googled no dairy, meat, honey/lemon.... He won't drink!

Are there any expectorants anyone can recommend or suggestions to help?

Thanks

AuditAngel Fri 31-Oct-14 05:49:48

If the inhalers aren't working, take him back to the doctors. How many puffs of the blue are you using?

Cornonthecob Fri 31-Oct-14 07:09:34

Thanks for reply, the blue he's doing 2-3 puffs about 4-5 times a day! We only saw dr on Monday but will try get him back in today thanks..

mumklw3 Sat 01-Nov-14 03:21:55

My little boy is 7.5 months and has chesty cough wheezing and gags occasionally whilst coughing only tonight but has had cough and runny nose for 4 days now taking benylin cough syrup and neurofen ibuprofen 3+ months for teething in between doses as he has 6 teeth coming through could he have a chest infection and should I get him seen to by gp?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now