Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Vaginal discharge in toddler

(6 Posts)
Bangonthedoor Thu 03-Apr-14 19:44:16

So DD is 23 months and recently she's been saying a lot of "my minnie's sore" this is what we call her bits! I had a look last week and it was just a bit red so after some sudocreme the redness went away.

Anyway when I checked today after she said it it noticed like a yellowy/browny/white creamy discharge around her vagina but mostly near her 'wee wee hole' I wiped it away but there was a definite smell also.

I assume I probably need to take her to the doctor but I was just wondering if anyone had experienced this before?

She is fully potty trained in the day time and we always wipe front to back.

Bangonthedoor Thu 03-Apr-14 20:49:24

Bump

AnyFucker Thu 03-Apr-14 20:51:11

probably just a little infection (common during potty training) or thrush

your doc will advise you

LadyMaryLikesCake Thu 03-Apr-14 20:51:34

It's possible that she has an infection so you're better off taking her to the GP smile

littleblackno Thu 03-Apr-14 20:54:51

My dd has had thrush in the past. Probably nothing to worry about but get it seen by gp as yoiu can't use thde same treatments on small children.

Bangonthedoor Thu 03-Apr-14 21:20:06

Thank you all smile I'll ring the doctors in the morning for an appointment. Just wanted a bit of reassurance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now