Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Fine blond hair on DS (7) scrotum

(7 Posts)
worried333 Wed 02-Apr-14 18:46:31

I have name changed for this.

Just noticed some blond hairs on my DS's scrotum. They seem quite fine but there are quite a few. Is this normal?? I have googled and it seems to be abnormal or precocious puberty…now I am really worried sad

Can anyone reassure me before I take him to the doctor???

Nicole1976 Wed 02-Apr-14 20:11:52

This seems very early for anything like that, my son is 13 and has absolutely no hair at all in that area, Anyway, I can't imagine it is causing any problems or pain so I wouldn't take him to the doctor if I were you. Just wait to see if it grows thicker/longer smile

worried333 Thu 03-Apr-14 11:03:01

Thanks.
Anyone else? I wish I could ask my friends about their DSs but obviously I cannot possibly!!!!!

Cringechilli Thu 03-Apr-14 11:06:37

It sounds like normal skin hair to me. Like all humans have. I don't really know but I would expect fine short hairs to be fine. Pubic hairs are longer and I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Twighlightsparkle Thu 03-Apr-14 18:59:38

You won't be wasting your Gps time if you want to go, but I think it sounds normal.

My daughter has had similar for years. , she's 10 , no sign of pubic hair yet

worried333 Thu 03-Apr-14 20:14:42

Thank you thanks

I had another surreptitious look today (don;t want to make him paranoid so I pretended to drop something on the floor when he was undressed for his bath grin) and it really seems very light and fine. I'm going to leave it for now but kind of keep an eye on it. He has very hairy legs (white-blond hairs), and always has done, perhaps he's just particularly hairy!

cakeymccakington Thu 03-Apr-14 20:18:30

i have 3 boys and they all have this, think it's normal!

but please do go to your GP if you are concerned, that's what they are there for!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now