Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Swollen lumps (lymph nodes?) in neck.

(4 Posts)
pamroald Tue 01-Apr-14 19:02:37

My daughter started off with a large lump in her neck (just below her ear) around the same time she had a cold a few weeks ago. It started to go down a little and reduce in size, but still hasn't gone. There has also been the appearance of another tiny lump below, which may have been there before as is more difficult to spot, but definitely there.

I'm going to take her to the GP but wondered if anybody had experienced similar and might be able to shed some light on this (have google searched and is all worst case scenarios that I can't read any more).

Patilla Tue 01-Apr-14 19:31:42

I've been told that glands can take six weeks to go down do perhaps they are still reducing in size?

paddyclampo Tue 01-Apr-14 22:38:05

Yes, my DS. His never went down again and it was nothing to worry about!

elvisola Tue 01-Apr-14 22:40:24

My DD had lumps on both sides when she was 2, she was referred to outpatients and they were diagnosed as enlarged lymph nodes.

I was told they can present until around 7 years old and sure enough they have only just gone and she is 7 next week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now