Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Tonsillitis - send to school?

(8 Posts)
Lottie4 Tue 01-Apr-14 15:10:02

Took my daughter to the doctor this morning. She has tonsillitis. Asked the doctor if she can go to school (as until this morning it was only her throat that was bothering her - no temperature) and she said yes.

Happy to send her in tomorrow and she is happy to go, she has a bit more colour and says it's just her throat that hurts. My only reservations are should she be resting, and I'd have thought it was something she could spread.

Just wondering what others think.

nappyaddict Tue 01-Apr-14 17:03:16

has she still got a temperature. they are supposed to stay off for 24 hours after the temperature went.

Lottie4 Tue 01-Apr-14 20:02:11

Funnily enough, she hasn't had a temperature with it. She started saying on Friday her throat was sore after having a cold and I've taken her temperature every day thinking about tonsillitis. As she didn't have one, we didn't rush to the doctor, only thought about it this morning when she looked pale and said she felt tired.

Other than the fact she has a sore throat, she seems perky enough and is happy to go to school tomorrow.

Princessolipops Tue 01-Apr-14 20:05:51

From my own experience couldn't go! It knocked me for six and I would be off work with it till I eventually got them removed but if it's gets worse I'd keep her off .

candycoatedwaterdrops Tue 01-Apr-14 20:17:48

Is she on antibiotics?

Lottie4 Wed 02-Apr-14 13:55:08

Yes, she is on antibiotics. She said she felt a bit better this morning and readily got ready for school. Asked her if she wanted some paracetamol and she said "no". Will obviously keep an eye on her though.

jojane Wed 02-Apr-14 14:00:46

I had it a couple of weeks ago and I was really poorly, no temperature but banging headache and throat felt like swallowing glass, could barely do anything except lay on sofa.

nappyaddict Wed 02-Apr-14 14:21:03

They say you can go back to school 24 hours after starting antibiotics so should be fine if she feels ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now