Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Lump on DD's neck

(2 Posts)
iggy155 Tue 01-Apr-14 13:33:09

Hi, think I am possibly looking for some reassurance. My DD who is six woke up on Sunday morning with a large lump on her neck. It is over the gland area, and was causing pain for her to touch it. Apart from the lump, she is fine in herself. Eating normally, no temp etc. Took her to the Dr who diagnosed an infection and prescribed antibiotics and nurofen. Dr wants to see her again tomorrow but I am worried. The lump is still pronounced. Has anyone else experienced this with their DC's? How long before the swelling subsides? Thanks.

LyndaCartersBigPants Tue 01-Apr-14 13:58:48

My DD used to get little lumps on the back of her neck whenever she was under the weather, they were just glands swelling as she fought off whatever was making her poorly and they went down in a couple of days. It can be alarming but I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now