Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is BF enough for a 9 month old with a bug?

(5 Posts)
Liveinthepresent Tue 01-Apr-14 12:12:46

dS has been sick several times since Thursday night - last bout was yesterday. Prior to that we had about a 36 hour episode where we thought he was over it.

He was sick at tea time- he had been clearly disinterested in food or milk - but i have been offering plain food like toast and bananas.

So in my shoes would you keep offering 3 meals a day or focus more on getting milk in - as this seems to stay down. It is so hard to know what's best when they can't tell you!

DeWe Tue 01-Apr-14 14:11:27

My ds had ear infections from about 3 months to 20 months. Until the antibiotics kicked in (2-3 days) all he wanted was bf. He was a perfectly healthy weight, the only thing was the ear infections every 10 days.

I offered food, but if he wasn't interested then I'd go back to bf.

cakeymccakington Tue 01-Apr-14 14:13:25

i would just go with what he seems to want.
i'd offer plain food if he wants to eat it, but feed as much as poss!

IdaClair Tue 01-Apr-14 14:14:38

Bf is absolutely totally the best thing you can do for him, without question.

Liveinthepresent Tue 01-Apr-14 15:16:53

Thanks all just good to get confirmation - nhs advice now is not to modify their food intake during a bug but it seems much better to give him something I know is a complete food and easy to digest .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now