Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Bow Legged 14 month old

(3 Posts)
puddymuddles Tue 01-Apr-14 10:25:35

DD2 started walking at 12 months and walks well but she walks bow legged. DD1 was a late walker but was never bow legged and my friends toddlers don't seem to be either. Is this anything to worry about?

beautifulgirls Tue 01-Apr-14 14:05:06

It is pretty normal for babies to be bow legged. Over time they then go the opposite way and become knock kneed around 3-4yrs old. They gradually straighten up again by around 7 yrs old. Some children seem to be a bit more extreme than others but they usually all look fine grown up. If the legs are not even compared to each other or you are simply worried then no harm in getting the GP to take a look anyway though.

puddymuddles Tue 01-Apr-14 18:06:26

Thanks beautiful. Her legs are even compared to each other - as usual it was my Mum who noticed and got me worried. Also I let DD2 use a sit in babywalker when she was around 7 months old and she was in it a lot for a couple of months as we were staying with MIL who has a very child unsafe home so it was easier. Hope it didn't cause the bow leggedness!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now