Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Toddler diarrhoea

(3 Posts)
pickleandspud Mon 31-Mar-14 11:23:54

Hi, my 2yr old has been dx with toddler diarrhoea, he ha anything up to 10 episodes a day! Food allergies and intolerances etc have all been ruled out. Next course of action is a fat supplement to help slow his digestive system down a bit but won't get this for a few weeks.
Any advice please?

surfmama Mon 31-Mar-14 23:29:52

could you try a good probiotic? biocare? has he had food testing? I would cut out wheat and dairy but others may disagree. ..

Elenus Thu 03-Apr-14 12:13:14

Our toddler diarrhoea turned out to be undiagnozed milk intolerance, which started around the age of 1 - even DS's usual formula was a problem. All allergy tests came negative, but doctors says they are sometimes non-informative

Now he is 4, but if he drinks a little bit of milk - he is on the toilet for the most of the day. he is fine with yougurts/fermented (sour) milk

in my home country toddler diarrhoea does not exist as a diagnosis, doctors usully do stool samples and prescribe probiotics, sometimes it works....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now