Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Adenovirus? Kawasaki Disease? Please help!

(6 Posts)
Lucillerose1 Sun 30-Mar-14 14:37:42

My baby girl is very ill in hospital for 11 days and they still can't figure out what is wrong with her. At first they suspected adenovirus but she's still ill with a temperature and for 13 days in total which us a lot longer than adenovirus would normally last. They have now started treating her for Kawasaki disease "just incase".
Her symptoms have been variable over the days
Tuesday night...high fever
Wednesday...sticky eye
Thursday...both eyes sore, refusing to feed,nose running doctor prescribed antibiotics
Thursday night...became a lot worse 39.5 fever even after paracetamol not responding to me blood in her nappy nhs 24 sent an ambulance
Friday...all symptoms worse began feeds through her nose but we're not tolerated so instead went on a drip
Sat...same
Sun...tried to restart feeds unsuccessful, stomach fully distended back on drip
Mon...no change
Tuesday...no change
Wednesday...tried to restart feed...unsuccessful
Thursday...fitted long line
Friday...started tpn Radha on face
Saturday night...tpn line failed rash spread all over
Sunday...trying to restart feeds again...temp 38.5

She has had X-rays all over, countless blood tests and we have no answers.

If you have any idea what could be wrong please let me know, we are so worried.

MissMarplesBloomers Sun 30-Mar-14 20:58:44

<holding hand> absolutely no idea but hopefully someone will be along with some wiser words, but if you think it is called for ask for an expert second opinion.

Horribly worrying for you, do you have someone with you?

Penano Sun 30-Mar-14 21:58:40

I'm sorry I cannot add anything useful or important, but I didn't want to ignore your post. I am so sorry your DD is so poorly. I hope she shows some signs of improvement soon thanks

MissMarplesBloomers Tue 01-Apr-14 08:19:27

How's she doing OP?

Giddypants Tue 01-Apr-14 11:15:44

Again no idea, but hope they get to the bottom of it and she is better soon x

PansOnFire Tue 01-Apr-14 14:27:44

I'm sorry I have no idea but wanted to offer some support. How awful for you and your DD. I hope they find some answers for you soon. It's probably not much comfort but if they've blood tested for the 'biggies' and found nothing then that is a positive thing, I have you and your DD in my thoughts please come back and update.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now