Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Vitamin supplement for fussy toddler?

(6 Posts)
SpanielFace Sat 29-Mar-14 09:37:45

DS is 19 months, and has gone from an eat-anything-put-in-front-of-him baby, to a toddler who says "yuck!" and spits out most vegetables. sad He also won't drink milk or eat cheese, except in cheese sauce or cheese spread.

He eats loads of fruit and yoghurt, and otherwise has a varied diet, though carbs do feature pretty heavily, and I think he would live entirely on toast, yoghurt and bananas if he could. I'm determined not to get into a battle over food, my brother was the fussiest eater imaginable as a child and now eats literally anything and considers himself a bit of a gourmet, so I know they usually grow out of it. But I do worry about his vitamin and calcium intake.

Are there any good multivitamins recommended for younger toddlers? I think it would have to be something that tastes nice. Any other suggestions, other than blending veg into pasta sauce etc, making custards/rice puddings with milk etc?

minipie Sat 29-Mar-14 22:01:51

Hi, we use the Wellkid vitamin liquid which is orange flavoured - I add it to DD's morning porridge along with puréed fruit.

Waltonswatcher1 Sat 29-Mar-14 22:32:23

Dali vit
Halib orange calcium with vit d

Hospital prescribe these for dd

SpanielFace Sun 30-Mar-14 08:13:27

Brilliant, thanks for the suggestions. I'll have a look in Boots later and see what they've got.

Monkeyandanimal Sun 30-Mar-14 08:21:14

We use the Wellkid too. My kids love it, it tastes lovely. I like it because as a supplement, it does not contain excessive amounts of vitamins and minerals; i mean the kids will be getting lots of nutrition from fruit etc; this is just a top up. So it contains the recommended daily dose of vitamin d, and then most of the other vits are in lower 'doses'., which i prefer.

minipie Sun 30-Mar-14 10:02:17

DD used to be on dalivit (she was prem) - it tastes grim!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now