Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Best thing for children with hayfever?

(2 Posts)
LynetteScavo Sun 23-Mar-14 14:16:41

DD suffered hayvever for the first time last year. She suffered quite a lot, and her ears became blocked for some months afterward.

I want to be prepared this year - what is the best antihistamine?

Last year I found some cetirizine at the back of the cupboard which she had been prescribed for another allergy, which was great as she only needed to have it once a day, unlike over the counter medicines which all say every 4-6 hours. As I drop her off at 8am in the morning, and school won't administer any medicine, if I'm not able to get away from work at lunchtime, I suspect DD will be suffering by the time I collect her at 4/5pm.

Do I need to go to the GP or is there anything I can get over the counter which lasts all day?

sesw Sun 23-Mar-14 14:19:14

I would stick with once a day cetirizine syrup/tablets. It can be very effective. And if she contjbues to worsen talk to gp about a nasal spray. Hope she's ok this year

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now