Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Need some help! Rectal prolapse?

(3 Posts)
yummum19 Thu 20-Mar-14 14:17:16

Hi all,

My DD is 18months and has a bowel condition which causes severe constipation. She's on movicol, senna and she's currently having enemas as the medication isn't helping her at all. For the last 2 weeks she has been straining for a bm all day and nothing is happening.

About half hour ago she was screaming in agony, I checked in her nappy and I can see part of her insides protruding out of her anus. The doctors are closed for lunch until 3 so I'm just asking for some quick advice as dr.google says it's not as serious as I first thought and is relatively common? Has anyone experienced this with their LO's? What can I do to ease her pain? Should i wait for dr's or go to a&e?

She is currently on the list for a colostomy bag but she also has a heart defect that she needs an op for first which should be within the next month so until then she has to suffer like this sad

fruitloop84 Thu 20-Mar-14 14:20:21

I know nothing about this but I would go to a&e even if the gp could deal with I don't think anyone would question you going. Hope things improve soon

pudseypie Fri 21-Mar-14 20:50:54

Just seen this and wanted to see how she is? My ds also has a bowel disease and just had the stoma fitted 2 weeks ago but we never experienced a prolapsed rectum but hope a&e were able to help your dd x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now