Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD high temp and shivering

(4 Posts)
HungryHenryNeedsToSayPlease Thu 20-Mar-14 06:28:53

My DD 22 months has woke up with a fever of a 39c but she is shivering like she is freezing and wont let me take her blanket offf her. Ive given her a dose of calpol and shes just having some milk.

Im panicking because she has suffered a febrile convulsion in the past, ive managed to unbutton her babygrow and ive opened a window to try and cool the air down.

Should I ring out of hours? Try and get her in GP today? I dont know where its come from she hasnt seemed ill at all. Ive obviously checked for rashes etc.

HungryHenryNeedsToSayPlease Thu 20-Mar-14 12:46:23

Temp has not gone down and she is very lethargic waiting for doctor to call back sad

laughalot Thu 20-Mar-14 14:08:24

Hi, my dd is 7 and is the same however she also has been sick and got a runny tummy sad, I hate when they are ill.

HungryHenryNeedsToSayPlease Thu 20-Mar-14 15:36:14

Same here hope your dd feels better soon. Mine has an ear infection got a course of antibiotics so hopefully she will pick up soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now