Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

earache

(3 Posts)
misstiredbuthappy Wed 19-Mar-14 14:22:56

Hi just after a bit of advice. During the night my dd woke up crying saying she could hear a noise in her ear and it was realy hurting, I gave her nurofen an she went back to sleep half an hour later. Ive tried to get her a doctors app but cant get 1 until tomorrow. So ive been giving her nurofen, is there anythink I can get her from chemist ? ? Shes 5 an has never sufferd from earache before.

ferrar Wed 19-Mar-14 19:24:44

I dont have all the answers.

Has your DD got a cold?

A hot water bottle may help if she still has hurt ears. Or if she wakes up in the night upset.

misstiredbuthappy Wed 19-Mar-14 19:30:18

No she hasnt got a cold. I managed to get her in docs thank god. I rang again and said I was going to change docs and suprise suprise 2 appointments opend up, shes got an ear infection and the docs prescribed amoxicillin. Bless her. Ill try the hot water bottle thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now