Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Scratching for no apparent reason

(3 Posts)
runawaysimba Tue 18-Mar-14 20:16:11

Hi all, three-year-old DD drove herself mad last night scratching itches. She actually broke the skin (slightly) on her tummy and chest overnight, with her scratching, but I can't see what could be causing it.
She does have mild excema, but only a tiny patch behind one knee at the moment. We haven't changed washing powders or diet or anything like that. We did get a cat two weeks ago, but she's spent heaps of time around animals and never had a reaction before. Plus, I can't see anything on the skin. No rash or redness, it doesn't feel dry - any experience of this? I felt so helpless last night :-(

LoveSewingBee Tue 18-Mar-14 20:43:20

If she has the same problem tonight maybe give her Piriton to relieve the itchiness.

Maybe make an appointment with GP tomorrow. There are many things which trigger all kind of allergies, food, dust mites, pets, plants, etc.

runawaysimba Tue 18-Mar-14 22:16:22

Thanks, LoveSewingBee. I should have said we're not in the UK - is Piriton an antihistamine? Will take her to the GP and see what they say.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now