Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Its been years since I looked after a vomiting infant. Advice please

(8 Posts)
Tiredemma Tue 18-Mar-14 13:56:05

Just had to pick DD (6 months) up from nursery- she projectile vomited at lunchtime.

Ds1 is 13 and Ds2 is 10. I dont ever remember them being sick (although im sure they were!!)- what do I do regarding her food? Should I feed her anyway and just wait to see if it makes an appearance again or should I just push fluids.
?????

Genuinely bewildered.

ilovepowerhoop Tue 18-Mar-14 14:05:02

I'd stick to fluids until she starts to keep them down and only give solids if she seems hungry. Even then I would stick to bland foods and not too much.

Tiredemma Tue 18-Mar-14 14:06:19

so just her formula? or could that even be too heavy?

5madthings Tue 18-Mar-14 14:07:56

Advice is to give milk, breast or formula if baby is happy to have it. Maybe small amounts and sips of water as well as she is over 6mths.

ilovepowerhoop Tue 18-Mar-14 14:08:29

I' still give it but maybe little and often rather than big bottles. Has she only been sick once? If she continues being sick you can also get rehydration sachets (e.g. dioralyte) from the supermarket/chemist and they can be given alongside milk feeds if she starts to get dehydrated

Tiredemma Tue 18-Mar-14 14:11:58

ive got some of those sachets. Only sick once so far - just anxious about further bouts from feeding her.

I feel utterly useless to be honest.

ilovepowerhoop Tue 18-Mar-14 14:19:04

hopefully it was just a one off then - they do that sometimes

Tiredemma Tue 18-Mar-14 14:22:16

hope so.

thanks for advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now