Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Nursery angst wwyd?

(3 Posts)
BraveLilBear Tue 18-Mar-14 12:01:23

My DS is nearly 8 months old and is in his 4th week of non stop cough/cold/throat infection/teething sniffles.

Four weeks ago, he started nursery, settling in gradually towards full time.

Last week I missed two days of work in my first week back due to a 3-day fever. He went back to nursery with a sore throat/sniffle/mild cough.

The cough's now escalated to a rattly chesty cough and he's also wheezing. Doctor has prescribed inhaler and mask.

I'm off with him again but work seem to be getting sniffy about me being off. DS is fine in himself but obviously very snotty and chesty.

Wwyd about getting him back to nursery? DP says to rush him back as we're paying a fortune for him. I'm worried that sending him back too fast would further compromise his immune system.

Until now he's had one tummy bug, one mild cold. He's not normally a sicky baby!

Sirzy Tue 18-Mar-14 12:18:16

I wouldn't rush him back before he is well. Can't your dp take and time off?

BraveLilBear Tue 18-Mar-14 12:29:34

DP can only take unpaid days.

I have more holiday than him so I'm using that up but work are getting pissed off about me being absent.

I have a sister who lives a long way away but could come for a couple of days but DP doesn't want that (tr to get to the bottom of why - think it's because we're paying so much).

So frustrating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now