Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS (6) has hair on his scrotum

(11 Posts)
clemetteattlee Sat 15-Mar-14 16:53:33

He has a shower this morning and I noticed water dripping from hair on his scrotum. When he dried himself I noticed lots of longish, fine fair hairs.
I have no other reason to be worried about his health so I am tempted to not go to the doctors but I suppose I just wanted to see if anyone else had noticed this on their little boys?
Thanks.

Chimchar Sat 15-Mar-14 16:59:34

My ds (7) has this too. Very very fine and fair.
Tiz normal. (I assume!!!)

clemetteattlee Sat 15-Mar-14 19:28:52

Thank you. Google is not very helpful on this one!

Llareggub Sat 15-Mar-14 19:29:58

Same with my 7 year old. He is very proud of it!

clemetteattlee Sun 16-Mar-14 16:29:47

Lol, mine just asked "am I turning into daddy?"!

Moreisnnogedag Sun 16-Mar-14 16:36:09

Normal. Don't worry. I was nightly embarrassed by my shock at my DS balls when he was born. For some strange reason I thought that you wouldn't see them in a baby!

clemetteattlee Sun 16-Mar-14 19:15:04

Thanks all

Guardianto2 Sun 16-Mar-14 19:29:49

Apparently a few hairs is very common, Came as a shock to me when i first changed my nephews nappy.
The time to worry is if they start developing underarm hair, that indicate Precocious Puberty.

clemetteattlee Sun 16-Mar-14 20:49:55

Thanks. I knew it was common in babies but couldn't find anything about six year olds!

PirateJones Mon 17-Mar-14 07:03:04

Just keep an eye out for any other signs.

meditrina Mon 17-Mar-14 07:25:11

Doctors sometime intervene to delay precocious puberty. 6 is young, even in girls. It might be worth asking your GP if this alone is worth a referral.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now