Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Has DD got a wart on her bum and vulva?

(3 Posts)
coldpeasarenthot Sat 15-Mar-14 09:19:05

I'm asking this here as DD (nearly 2) really, really hates going to the doctor's so I'd rather not go and have them poke about unless I have to.
DD has a tiny little spot on the top of her vulva - it's about the size of a pencil tip and is a circle. It looks a little bit like it has liquid in but not certain. She also has a little reddish skin tag at the top of her bottom crease.

She recently had chicken pox (a month ago) but they were both there before that. We've been keeping everything extra clean and have been putting sudacrem on.

Are they connected? What could it be? Do I need to go to the docs?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

My mum is a nurse and she looked and said it's nothing to worry about and will just go away itself, but I want to make totally sure.

Thanks!

KurriKurri Sat 15-Mar-14 09:45:27

try googling Molluscum Contagiosum images - could it be that? fairly common in young children, but I think you will probably need to go to the GP to have it checked.

FoodieToo Sat 15-Mar-14 21:52:15

Would totally agree with your mum. Just ignore it. Nothing serious. Will go away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now