Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD with a lisp - what do I do?

(2 Posts)
howdypartner Sat 15-Mar-14 07:48:32

8yr old DD has always had a slight lisp but it seems to be getting worse and is now very noticeable. I'd like to speak to someone about it, presumably a speech therapist.

We've just moved back after a long period abroad so I don't really know how to navigate the UK system. Where do I start - school or GP?


PJ67 Sat 15-Mar-14 22:57:32

Hi. My 4 yr old has been seeing a speech therapist for a lisp. I'm in scotland and here you can self refer. I would phone your local hospital ask for the community speech therapists and get their advice. Otherwise it would probably be the GP.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: