Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Advice re children's blood tests please

(9 Posts)
sublimecorpse Wed 12-Mar-14 15:32:40

Quick question: a lady I know has a 3 year old who had a blood test for leukaemia in Friday.

Today the hospital called her and asked her to go in this afternoon.

I'm thinking that if it was leukaemia or anything as serious she would have heard before now?

DianaTrent Wed 12-Mar-14 16:18:59

When it happened to us, a doctor came to our house with the bad news the same evening and we were told to get her to hospital asap. I hope the results are good news in this case. Fingers crossed.

sublimecorpse Wed 12-Mar-14 16:58:14

Thank you Diana. So sorry that you've been through this with your dd - hope she's ok?

Still waiting for news.

TabithaMcKitten Wed 12-Mar-14 18:41:32

Hi, I hope you have some reassuring news soon. When my son was diagnosed with leukaemia he had his blood taken at about 11.30am in the A&E dept of our local hospital and I was phoned at home by the consultant about two hours later to be told the diagnosis and to take him back in. They move very quickly with this sort of diagnosis x

sublimecorpse Wed 12-Mar-14 18:45:23

Thank you Tabitha, I hope your son is well now?

My dad had Leukaemia. He had a blood test in A&E and they asked him to wait. The results were back within the hour and he was admitted to UCL the same morning.

Hoping that because it has taken 5 days that it's not such awful news for her.

NannyPeach Wed 12-Mar-14 19:32:03

How is the little one op?

bishbashboosh Wed 12-Mar-14 19:50:43

The hospital rang us In this way when my sons test showed abnormalities that were at the time inconclusive

Hope it's nothing serious

sublimecorpse Wed 12-Mar-14 20:22:38

Thank you all - she is ok! Her white blood count is very low but that's all I know for now.

Her mum is so relieved!

DianaTrent Wed 12-Mar-14 20:29:06

Really glad to hear that, sublime. DD is doing well now, thanks; in long term remission (hopefully cured) but I wouldn't wish what she has gone through and the long term effects of years of chemotherapy as a child on anyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now