Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Tonsillitis-struggling to breathe!

(3 Posts)
Mummyofrileycaleyandbump3 Wed 12-Mar-14 02:01:30

Hi I am very worried about my two year old daughter. She was diagnosed with severe tonsillitis on Sunday, and has antibiotics for it. She has obviously been snoring due to swollen tonsils, but I have been awake for about an hour and a half now because she sounds like she is gasping for air in her sleep! I have called nhs 111 service and they said to keep her elevated and give her a warm drink to moisten her throat. She is still breathing the same and pausing for quite a few seconds then seeming to gasp for a breath! This is really worrying me and I don't know what to do! Does anyone have any advice??

BeaWheesht Wed 12-Mar-14 09:17:29

Just seen this and I'd have taken her to a&e hope she's ok now

Mummyofrileycaleyandbump3 Wed 12-Mar-14 23:58:46

She is still the same tonight. It's only when she goes to sleep when she gets like it. Apparently it is quite common but it doesn't make it any less scary! I'm finding myself awake most of the night just so I can keep an eye on her which in turn is exhausting me and then I'm struggling to keep my eyes open during the day! I can't believe tonsillitis can be this bad in some people/children! X x x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now