Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Lemon Juice and sore throats.

(1 Post)
Bonita12 Tue 11-Mar-14 12:27:13

A young girl I know posted a video of her son drinking neat lemon juice on Facebook and I was horrified by it and wonder if I'm wrong saying this. I'll elaborate..

He's a three year old child and had his tonsils removed last week. He's been quite poorly because he then came down with an infection after going home. I know she has been struggling to get him to eat anything or take his medication and is tired too (she's a single parent with a smaller child at home too), but this morning she jokingly put a video of this boy drinking neat lemon juice on Facebook saying that she was expecting him to pull his face but of course he didn't.

I was appalled and shocked that somebody would give a small child with such a very sore throat neat lemon juice in that way and think it's funny to do it. Am I wrong in thinking this way?

I know that lemon juice can be good for infections (especially bladder infections) but not neat onto a raw wound in a toddler surely?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now