Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS (5) has acne like spots around his mouth

(9 Posts)
BertieBotts Tue 11-Mar-14 06:37:11

He was also sick on Saturday and had a temperature over the whole weekend. He seemed better yesterday but this morning he has a rash around his mouth which looks like teenage acne. There are a couple on his eye as well.

DH says to keep him off kindergarten, I was going to send him in. Does it sound like anything obvious? I'll probably take him to the doctor just to make sure. There's no rash elsewhere on his body.

antimatter Tue 11-Mar-14 06:40:15

I think this may be his body being wiped down by the cold and getting some viral infection he can't fight.
Or - he is sensitive to something he are in the last 24/48 hours. My daughter was getting something similar after I started giving her freshly squeezed orange juice. I then assumed there was some chemical on oranges. Stopped giving her that and rash disappeared.

BikeRunSki Tue 11-Mar-14 06:43:01

Hand, Foot and Mouth ?

Chimchar Tue 11-Mar-14 06:43:44

is it hand, foot and mouth?

BertieBotts Tue 11-Mar-14 06:44:23

Oh, interesting. So it might not be some other kind of infection? The only "new" thing he's had is home made popcorn but I can't imagine there'd be anything to react to, he's had other popcorn before and I only cooked it using butter, which he's eaten before.

EirikurNoromaour Tue 11-Mar-14 06:45:59

Hand foot and mouth. My DS got the acne spots as well as some on his palm and feet but it was worse on his chin. He had the temperature too. I took him to the gp because nursery said if it was confirmed HFM he could come back earlier so I'm pretty sure that's what your DS has.

Slapperati Tue 11-Mar-14 06:45:59

Mulloscum contagiousm?

BertieBotts Tue 11-Mar-14 06:47:14

I wondered about HFM but there's nothing anywhere else on his body - wasn't sure if there needed to be. Also on the photos the spots look more crusty whereas his are like teenage acne - some of them are proper whiteheads.

BertieBotts Tue 11-Mar-14 06:48:09

Slapperati they don't look as big as that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now