Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is this flu?

(7 Posts)
Freewheelin Mon 10-Mar-14 22:45:15

DD 14, was off school most of last week with headache, stomach cramps, squishy poos and general lethargy. I put it down to a tummy bug.
She felt better over the weekend and incidentally, got her period too.
Back to school today and came home looking dreadful, said that around lunchtime she felt bad again.
Is now reporting headache, joint pain, wheeziness, feeling cold and loss of appetite.
Should I take her to the doctor?

gamerchick Mon 10-Mar-14 22:46:31

No I would put her to bed for a bit first and give painkillers and liquids.

Freewheelin Mon 10-Mar-14 22:56:54

K. Have done that. And said probably best not to go into school tomorrow.

InSpaceNooneCanHearYouScream Tue 11-Mar-14 07:28:42

Could be a secondary infection- tonsillitis, chest infection. Does she have a temperature?

Freewheelin Tue 11-Mar-14 10:14:23

No thermometer! I know, I know. I'm getting one today.
She didn't feel hot last night and, this morning got up, washed her hair(teenager-de rigeur) and is off to school saying she feels better again. I did manage to make her eat some cereal. See how she gets on.

InSpaceNooneCanHearYouScream Tue 11-Mar-14 10:19:36

Don't feel guilty, I have 3 kids and no thermometer! grin

bigwellylittlewelly Wed 12-Mar-14 19:01:02

For twenty years since I started my periods I get bitching headaches and diarrhea three days before I come on.

Increasing my fluid intake and reducing processed carbohydrates eventually calmed everything down

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now