Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD has had diahorrea for several days but she's not unwell with it. Could it be an intolerance to something she's consumed?

(2 Posts)
bryte Sun 09-Mar-14 19:12:42

She's 8. Last weekend she was sick 4 nights in a row, only vomiting once each night in the early hours. Each time she was fine the next day, all day long. I made her eat a more bland diet but then she'd be sick again that night. She went back to school but then a few days later complained of diahorrea, so I kept her off. Yesterday she was fine but it's back today. Again, she feels fine, no stomach pains, looks fine, isn't fatigued, has an appetite. I'm baffled.

No-one else in the family has caught it and there's no reports of anything going around at school. That has me wondering if it is food related. As a baby/toddler she used to vomit after getting Calpol and she has had skin reactions and red/blue rings under her eyes when she's eaten too much processed food (preservatives/colours?) Should I take her to the doctor or take a wait and see approach?

bryte Sun 09-Mar-14 19:21:55

I think I should have said food sensitivity not intolerance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now