Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

13 month old whites of eyes have yellow tone

(8 Posts)
g0ldie Fri 07-Mar-14 17:51:29

Is this ok? He is very healthy and 'normal' in other ways. I have noticed this before so its not new just wondering what people think?
Sorry this may be a really petty post just wanted to know if I am worried about nothing?!
Thank thanks!

Gileswithachainsaw Fri 07-Mar-14 17:57:24

Tbh I'd get it checked out just to be sure. Probably nothing but can be a sign of jaundice.

Norem Fri 07-Mar-14 18:09:25

I would get it checked, does he have a big tummy?

g0ldie Fri 07-Mar-14 18:21:01

Thanks what do you mean big? Hes a big boy tummys in proportion though I think?
Thanks

YouAreTalkingRubbish Fri 07-Mar-14 18:22:52

Gilberts Syndrome???

Gilbert’s syndrome is a common and harmless condition where people experience occasional episodes of jaundice (yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes)

My adult DS has it and the only symptom he has is being a bit yellow. I don't know much about it other than its of no consequence for my DS. His eyes can be quite yellow especially if he is sick. He had some blood tests to rule out other things (no idea what?)

I seem to remember being told it was extremely common.

YouAreTalkingRubbish Fri 07-Mar-14 18:42:38

Oh dear! I just read all the comments on the NHS webpage that I linked to in my earlier post. I imagine the people who bother to comment are the ones that suffer the most symptoms and are not typical.

...lol, the dangers of Doctor Google confused

Bumbershoot Fri 07-Mar-14 18:43:10

When I was little I had anaemia and the GP noticed because I had yellow eyes - worth checking out.

g0ldie Fri 07-Mar-14 20:31:58

Ok thanks! Will get checked!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now