Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

SPD in babies?

(3 Posts)
MultipleMama Fri 07-Mar-14 15:31:12

My 22 weeker (13adj), is hypersentive (diagnosed at the NICU) and defensive to a lot of sensory things, at one of his cardiologist appt, he suggested I make an appt with the GP (he said he picked up on a few things... no idea what) so I booked an appt just to say I had.

We went the other day and the GP asked me A LOT of question and my answer was yes, to most of them, which shocked me. He asked if I would consent to having ds reviewed and assessed (and fill out more questionnaires!) by a occupational and a physical therapist because he suspected Sensory Processing Disorder (anybody know more about this?) but then mentioned Autism and Asperger's , I consented but I'm sure if it will do any good. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it too early to tell these things in a 5mo baby, nevermind a preemie baby? Are they making something out of nothing?

I don't want to waste more time upsetting him or at useless appts when they probably would just tell me they don't have an definitive answer?

Anybody been through something like this? What kind of tests/assessments do they do? What would you do? I'm asking on behave of DH and I because we're unsure and confused by it all.

Sorry for the rant!

PolterGoose Fri 07-Mar-14 18:08:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MultipleMama Fri 07-Mar-14 18:17:55

Thank you smile I wasn't sure if this classified as SN but I'll pop on over smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now