Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3.5yr old lethargic and went straight to bed at 6pm. Should I be worried?

(8 Posts)
RunningGuerita Wed 05-Mar-14 19:49:39

Collected DDs from nursery and 3.5yr old was lying down inside when her class was outside in the garden. She clearly wasn't well and teacher said she was tired. She is a real whiner but didn't whine and got straight into buggy and fell asleep. When we got home, I sorted out her younger sister and moved 3.5yr old upstairs. She fell asleep again on the floor in the time I changed out of work clothes and washed her younger siblings hands. Put her straight to bed with no argument from her. Which is unusual. I can never to do this at nap time if she falls asleep in the car. She didn't have a fever.

Any thoughts?

bumbleymummy Wed 05-Mar-14 20:57:12

I would keep an eye on her. She may be coming down with something and the fever just hasn't come on yet. Mine are always a little bit 'off' just before they show 'proper' symptoms of being sick iykwim.

MrsKCastle Wed 05-Mar-14 21:17:56

What time did she first fall asleep in the buggy? When she was awake, how alert was she? If it were my child, I think I'd want to wake her again before I went to bed, just to check that I could rouse her fully.

bumbumsmummy Wed 05-Mar-14 21:22:13

I'm with you Mrs castle see if you can rouse her and check that she's not shying away from light

Let us know how she is please

Indith Wed 05-Mar-14 21:23:54

Just keep an eye on her, make sure she is rousable. most likely just coming down with something but you know your dd and you know how she tends to react to illness. I know full well ds1 wouldn't act like that when coming down with something, he would go into full on tantrum and meltdown mode (he is 7) but dd would do the falling asleep thing, always has.

RunningGuerita Wed 05-Mar-14 22:07:55

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. We've been checking on her every 45mn or so and she is tossing and turning a bit and has cried out once. So she is ok. It's just very strange behaviour as she is usually super whiney when she falls asleep in buggy on the way home from nursery. Have never known her to then fall asleep in the hallway and then straight to bed. I agree she must be coming down with something. DH and I flipping a coin to see who will have to scupper their work and stay home with her tomorrow!

MrsKCastle Wed 05-Mar-14 22:49:45

Oh yes... The 'providing childcare for sick child' dilemma- I know it well! Glad she seems ok- she may be absolutely fine tomorrow. Do keep an eye out though.

DeWe Thu 06-Mar-14 10:32:37

Ds does that with tonsilitis. When he was 5yo he slept for about 36 hours, which included me dressing him and putting him into the buggy and taking him up the road (cold air too!) to the doctor.
He just seems to need to sleep it off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now