Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

11mo teething so hand always in mouth - can I put antiseptic on his hand?

(3 Posts)
gretagrape Wed 05-Mar-14 07:51:16

He got a nasty scratch from our cat this morning (yes, I know, crap mother alert) right across all knuckles and down the back of the hand.

Is it safe to put antiseptic on his hand if it's going to be stuffed straight in his mouth? I tested putting a sock on his hand to see if that might work and it got pulled straight off so covering it doesn't seem a likely solution!

minipie Wed 05-Mar-14 12:25:14

Hmm, I'd be inclined to wipe with antiseptic but then wash off the antiseptic immediately. Then repeat at regular intervals... His saliva will do a pretty good job of acting as an antiseptic anyway.

gretagrape Wed 05-Mar-14 16:58:55

Thanks - I've washed it a few times and put the tiniest bit of antiseptic on while he was napping so it had a good hour to soak in, then I wiped it off when he woke up. Hand hasn't fallen off yet, so guess it's ok!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now