Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Weird wriggling, writhing and nose wiping!

(4 Posts)
Madcat22 Sun 02-Mar-14 06:05:56

My two month old ebf DD has a cold (although it might be early stages of cp as DS got it at the moment - dreading the baby getting it) and is fussing, pulling off and bobbing away at the boob, although I don't think it is due to her not being able to breathe because she can also feed just fine when she wants to. She is also having a weird phase of writhing around and moving her head from side to side as if she's wiping her nose - usually in the early hours of the morning when still asleep. This does seem to upset her or I'd not be too bothered. Any ideas what she might be doing? Thanks.

MistletoeBUTNOwine Sun 02-Mar-14 06:08:44

Nope but have exact same issues with DS (7wks) watching with interest..

tmae Sun 02-Mar-14 12:33:55

My 6 week old LO has sone this since I can remember, usually when trying to get to sleep, I am of no use but am intrigued to see if anyone else knows why they do this.

Penano Mon 03-Mar-14 07:59:02

I'm not medical, so if you are worried I would say get it checked out by asking HV or seeing GP.

My experience with DC2 is that she did struggle to feed because of congestion so I used saline drops before a feed (GP prescribed - so I wouldn't use without speaking to someone first) and when her nose was bothering her she did her best to get rid of secretions (snot!) by rubbing her face on anything - sides of Moses basket/me/DH etc when being cuddled. There was usually nothing that I could see to remove iyswim but something bothered her and she wiggled until she got it up or out.
I'd definitely ask or see someone in RL if you are concerned - they are so little!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now