Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Temp, sickness and a rash

(6 Posts)
lollipoppi Sat 01-Mar-14 09:51:05

DD is 13mo, on Tuesday she had a high temp and was being sick, Wednesday she came out in a rash in her torso, Thursday her temp and sickness stopped but she got ulsers on her tongue and an angry looking pinprick rash on her feet, and legs

I took her to the doctors on Friday morning, the doctor said it's just a viral rash and her throat is quite red and inflamed, said to give calpol and see how she goes

Her temperature is normal now but this rash is really irritating her.
Also it gets much worse after a bath (no bubbles ect)

Any ideas?

woodrunner Sat 01-Mar-14 19:19:06

You could try Piriton if they do a syrup for babies her age. if not ask the chemist for aqueous cream with calamine. It's heaven sent for tiny children with uncomfortable rashes. I used it for DC1 & 2 and DH when they all came down with chicken pox and not one of them scratched, even though the spots lasted three months on the babies! sad

ilovepowerhoop Sat 01-Mar-14 20:38:49

sounds a bit like hand foot and mouth especially if she has ulcers on her tongue. Piriton is ok from age 1 and helps with itching

Twighlightsparkle Sun 02-Mar-14 14:44:18

Hand foot and mouth with the added viral rash, poor thing.

I second portion too, hope she's better soon

saintlyjimjams Sun 02-Mar-14 14:46:51

Also check scarlet fever photos - that's seems to be making a come back this year ( although sore throat usually first with that)

lollipoppi Sun 02-Mar-14 19:28:41

Thanks all, definitely hand foot and mouth bless her

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now