Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Limping after a fall a week ago .. Should I get it checked out?

(10 Posts)
Avondale Sat 01-Mar-14 07:41:14

My 4 year old DS fell last Saturday and banged hid leg. He cried at the time and was limping but able to walk fine. However, he's still limping now. He's not complaining of any pain, no obvious marks and has been active all week - swimming, soft play, days out etc.
Should I get in checked out or am i worrying about nothing?
TIA

Winterbluessummersoonish Sat 01-Mar-14 07:44:48

Has he been limping at those events as well? Soft play/etc?

MarianForrester Sat 01-Mar-14 07:47:20

Apparently, it's unusual for a child of that age to limp. So doctor told me when saw my dc for just that reason, turned out to be a broken bone in foot. They didn't do anything for it, just said no running about(!), and it seems to have healed ok in a couple of weeks.

BetterThanASlaterUpYourNose Sat 01-Mar-14 07:51:49

It's perfectly possible to still be able to walk on a broken leg so I would get him seen today and an xray taken. He may well have a fracture there.

AllabouttheE Sat 01-Mar-14 07:57:21

My DS fell at 2 and didn't use his arm for a week. Finally got him x-rayed and he had broken his collar bone. He didn't use a sling and was right as rain within 3 weeks.

I know you probably feel guilty but kids don't have a sense of work ethic etc so they sim

AllabouttheE Sat 01-Mar-14 07:58:47

Sorry
Simply adapt their body to deal with an injury.
Only adults try to work through pain. So in that sense, he isn't in pain.

But yes, off to A&E with you. They've seen it 100 times.

It did generate a call from both GP and HV though just to warn you, which felt a little intrusive but only doing their jobs.

MarianForrester Sat 01-Mar-14 08:04:32

My post was a but rambling, sorry, but I meant I would take him to be seen.

Avondale Sat 01-Mar-14 08:05:21

Cheers for replies. Yes, he did start limping again after soft play, swimming etc.
Looks like we off to a and e then ....

BetterThanASlaterUpYourNose Sat 01-Mar-14 08:07:39

I would go as soon as you can as Saturday are a busy day. Good luck. flowers

Winterbluessummersoonish Sat 01-Mar-14 09:29:40

Good luck, hope it is not a long wait -

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now