Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Unwell 13 year old

(8 Posts)
Bunbaker Sun 23-Feb-14 18:40:10

DD has been fighting a cold all week. By Friday her throat started to feel like she was swallowing razor blades and she started with a high temperature. The sore throat has been getting progressively more sore over the weekend and I am struggling to control her temperature. She has now developed an itchy rash on her face. I am going to try and get her to the GP tomorrow, but has anyone any ideas?

onepieceoflollipop Sun 23-Feb-14 18:49:39

Ring out of hours GP for further advice/reassurance. It could be a number of things difficult to assess online. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

Bunbaker Sun 23-Feb-14 18:51:25

Thank you. I don't think her symptoms are bad enough to warrant calling OOH, but I will get an appointment tomorrow.

Twighlightsparkle Sun 23-Feb-14 18:53:04

Could be scarlet fever, we had this in our family 5 years ago, worst sore throat ever.

If it is , penicillin sorts it out .

allisgood1 Sun 23-Feb-14 18:54:58

I would be calling 111.

Bunbaker Sun 23-Feb-14 19:12:13

Scarlet fever had crossed my mind as well.

beautifulgirls Sun 23-Feb-14 20:16:01

You say you are struggling to control her temperature - then you must call OOH at least to discuss with them for advice.

Bunbaker Mon 24-Feb-14 20:09:06

I managed to get her to the GP today. She has been diagnosed with sinusitis and impetigo. So antibiotics and cream. We have cancelled our plans to visit aged relatives this week (half term here right now thank goodness) and will sit it out until DD is better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now