Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Travelling with D&V

(12 Posts)
justlots Sun 23-Feb-14 17:41:36

Dd (2) has been sick 6 times this afternoon and has had one episode of diarrhoea. She has a temp and is sleepy and fed up. She is not usually ill. DH is due to take her and DS to visit his parents for half term tomorrow. This involves a ferry journey for 4 hours. Should she go?

Sirzy Sun 23-Feb-14 17:42:50

No. Not unless you want to infect everyone else on the ferry.

Can you postpone the trip a couple of days?

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Sun 23-Feb-14 18:23:12

I wouldn't go, there is a chance that your other child will come down with the bug on the journey over.

I had ds seasick on a 3 hour ferry crossing an absolute nightmare!

Bunbaker Sun 23-Feb-14 18:33:43

Definitely not. Apart from the risk of infecting everyone else your poor daughter is going to feel awful so why inflict an arduous journey on to her as well?

ShatnersBassoon Sun 23-Feb-14 18:35:10

If it was you who'd been sick all day, would you fancy going on a long journey tomorrow?

OddFodd Sun 23-Feb-14 18:35:15

If you were her, would you fancy a 4 hour ferry journey? I wouldn't!

OddFodd Sun 23-Feb-14 18:35:33

Ha - xposted with SB!

allisgood1 Sun 23-Feb-14 18:53:47

No. You will infect the ferry and your DH's parents. Keep her home.

Twighlightsparkle Sun 23-Feb-14 18:55:43

No absolutely not. Nothing worse than travelling with D and V , even although she may be fine, chances are the rest of you will come down with it within 48 hrs ( sorry!)

Also she will be infectious for 48 hours after the last episode of vomiting or Diarrhea. You don't know she could infect someone with underlying health issues. Not a risk to take, please delay.

Hope she's better soon

Pobblewhohasnotoes Sun 23-Feb-14 20:55:16

Absolutely not. She could infect ferry passengers plus your DH's parents! You can't do that. Why would you take an ill child to someone else's house? Keep her at home and let her get better.

justlots Sun 23-Feb-14 22:39:26

Thanks for all the replies. You all confirmed what I was thinking, but I knew DS would be sooo disappointed. DH has managed to alter ferry ticket so hopefully they can go later in the week (as long as no one else gets it!)

BeaWheesht Sun 23-Feb-14 22:41:43

You've done the right thing. It is crap though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now