Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Ds1 (7) looks very pale - multivitamins?

(10 Posts)
mandmsmummy Sat 22-Feb-14 22:21:09

Just that, my son is very pale and I'm worried to bits about him.
Should I be worried?
Would multivitamins help?
Xx

PJ67 Sat 22-Feb-14 22:33:28

Hi. I have 3 boys and been thinking how pale they look recently. I think it's maybe just that it's winter and they're not getting outside so much. If he's still lively and not unwell at all I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

mandmsmummy Sun 23-Feb-14 08:59:45

I wondered that, he's had the usual cough/ colds etc that seem to come one after the other but not really poorly, everyone is saying how pale he is :-( x

ThatBloodyWoman Sun 23-Feb-14 09:05:07

My dd1 always looks extremely pale in the winter even when brimming with health.
It's just her complexion.

Having said that,we recently saw an orthopaedic consultant who recommended both mine take a good multi vitamin as he's seeing so many cases of vit d deficiency now - so imo some multi vits can't hurt, as well as bumping up the greens.

FreddieStarrAteMyHamster Sun 23-Feb-14 09:06:33

Take him to see the GP who can check he isn't anaemic.

mandmsmummy Sun 23-Feb-14 10:04:27

Ok I will take him this week thanks x

TippiShagpile Sun 23-Feb-14 10:07:00

I have a skinny, pale ds2 (8). We give him spatone (liquid iron) every day and he looks much better and has much more energy. I've also encouraged him to eat more, especially protein and veg.

mandmsmummy Sun 23-Feb-14 11:28:18

Tippi, did you take him to the docs? X

TippiShagpile Sun 23-Feb-14 18:34:34

Yes, GP didn't do a blood test but said get him to eat lots of greens and have early nights (which he already was). A friend of mine is a nutritionist and she recommended spatone. I cannot tell you how much difference it has made.

mandmsmummy Sun 23-Feb-14 20:19:46

Ok thanks xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now