Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Please reassure me about DD's bump to the head

(9 Posts)
Cucumberscarecrow Sat 22-Feb-14 20:30:49

DD and DS (age 1 and 3 respectively) were jumping on my bed before I put them to bed and collided foreheads with a horrible crack sad. We know fom experience that DS is made of iron so he just has a red mark but poor DD has the most awful bump - a proper egg- and bruising. I applied Arnica as she didn't want a compress. She cried hard for ten minutes and then calmed down and went back to her cheery self. I gave her some yogurt and she happily ate a few spoons and had another little play and went to bed following her usual routine.

I think she is okay but that crack was so loud and the swelling so big sad.

Jemma1111 Sat 22-Feb-14 20:36:07

Try not to worry but just keep an eye on her tonight, as long as she doesn't vomit and is easy to rouse once she's fell asleep then I'd say she's ok .

Cucumberscarecrow Sat 22-Feb-14 20:40:28

Thank you. That is my gut feeling but my gut has let me on before.

adoptmama Sat 22-Feb-14 20:55:50

watch her for 24 hours. if she begins vomiting within that time go to A&E and have her checked for concussion. likewise if she appears confused about her surroundings.

Cucumberscarecrow Sat 22-Feb-14 21:19:24

I will. Thank you.

Cucumberscarecrow Sat 22-Feb-14 21:19:30

I will. Thank you.

Cucumberscarecrow Sat 22-Feb-14 21:19:42

I will. Thank you.

PJ67 Sat 22-Feb-14 22:35:46

I agree with the others, just keep an eye on her. I think a bump is a good thing as the swelling is coming out. My boys have all had bumps that gave them big eggs but with cold compresses it was amazing how quickly they went down.

Cucumberscarecrow Sun 23-Feb-14 19:37:14

Oops, didn't realise my triple post last night.

Update is that she is absolutely fine today. Still looks like she was in a fight but she is as happy and alert as ever.

Thanks for the reassurance. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now