Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

7 week old has a cold and green poo - is this normal?

(4 Posts)
Madcat22 Sat 22-Feb-14 16:42:47

My 7 week old bf baby has her first cold. She is pooing much more than normally and it is green and mucousy - I'm assuming this is related to the cold but it's been going on for five days now - should I take her to the GP? Never experienced this with DC1 but he didn't get ill this young. She drinks plenty of milk on each boob so it can't be not enough hind milk as some websites have suggested.

Sid77 Sat 22-Feb-14 16:50:54

Mine had green poo with a cold at a similar age. I think it's all the mucous going into their tummies. As long as she's still feeding often, should be fine and it will turn yellow again as she gets over it.

Cucumberscarecrow Sat 22-Feb-14 20:33:14

Yes, my DD used to poo green foam on a bad day. She was more prone to green poo when gassy. Her poos were always a bit green and often very green until she was about four months old.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 24-Feb-14 14:50:12

Sounds normal but you can always ring one of the helplines. How are things now? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now