Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

4 year old with fever and complaining of aches in legs

(5 Posts)
BlueSprite Sat 22-Feb-14 13:23:57

We're currently waiting for a call back from out of hours, but in the meantime can anyone tell me how worrying this is? DS has never complained of this before. We're used to high fevers with cold symptoms,but never aches before. He said his back ached yesterday too.
He is eating and drinking, although is subdued (though still conversing with us) and has chills due to his fever.
Feeling anxious sad

BlueSprite Sat 22-Feb-14 13:24:49

Oh, and he had some diarrhea yesterday too. Poor chap.

BlueSprite Sat 22-Feb-14 13:25:31

Diarrhoea, I mean!

BlueSprite Sat 22-Feb-14 13:32:53

I'll bugger off in a minute and wait for replies patiently, but this could be relevant. We were exposed to chicken pox about 2 weeks ago. DS actually had the vaccine (we thought this a good idea due to his eczema), but the child who got chicken pox had also been vaccinated. Hmm.

TheGreatHunt Sat 22-Feb-14 13:36:55

Maybe he has the flu? Makes you achey? My ds had chicken pox - we spotted the blisters first before he got ill.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now