Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Baby being sick every twenty minutes, should I take him to hospital?

(9 Posts)
Azquilith Sat 22-Feb-14 12:39:22

Baby (10 months) has been constantly sick since last night, any water we give him he just brings up. Doctors are operating a walk in only and the wait is two hours, they recommended taking him to hospital but I don't think he's sick enough. Any advice?

Opheliabumps Sat 22-Feb-14 12:42:12

I would, if he's not keeping water down he could be getting dehydrated. If the walk in doctor has recommended, then please go. No-one at A&E will mind seeing a poorly baby, honestly.

SolomanDaisy Sat 22-Feb-14 12:42:38

I think I would, if he can't keep water down.

CrazyOldCatLady Sat 22-Feb-14 12:43:11

If a doctor has told you to go, go. You don't take risks with small babies.

Iloveonionchutney Sat 22-Feb-14 12:43:47

If they recommended you take him then yes you should, especially if nothing is staying down!

Velo Sat 22-Feb-14 12:44:12

Babies can dehydrate very quickly. If the doctor recommends that you should go to hospital then go. I had this on a similar timeframe with an 11 month old who ended up 3 days in hospital on a drip.

Good luck xx

Azquilith Sat 22-Feb-14 12:52:20

Thank you everyone, I will take him smile

Opheliabumps Sat 22-Feb-14 17:44:00

How is he OP? Been thinking of you this afternoon.

Azquilith Sun 23-Feb-14 20:46:14

Hey opheliabumps, he's ok, took him in and they just advised lots of fluids. Hasn't been sick since midnight last night and has been on the boob all day so hopefully getting some good fluids in now. He's definitely lost some weight over the last few days though sad x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now