Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

1 week old passing black hair like residue in nappy

(5 Posts)
neets197 Sat 22-Feb-14 12:17:35

Hello,

My One week old son had just had a weird nappy. It has black hair like residue that looked like it had been expelled with some force to cover a lot of the nappy.

We had already got passed all the black meconium and dark nappies post birth and had moved on to the nice yellowy orange ones.

Seems strange to me that we seem to be discovering more laguno residue hidden in his gut one week after birth.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

quietlysuggests Sat 22-Feb-14 12:20:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Parsnipcake Sat 22-Feb-14 12:24:31

Has your baby inadvertently been fed banana? By a toddler sibling maybe? Banana can produce this sort of nappy in babies who don't have a fully developed digestive system. I would speak to a GP.

Janek Sat 22-Feb-14 12:38:44

i wanted to say banana too, until i read the op and saw that the baby was only a week old. i thought my dd had somehow eaten tobacco, until dp pointed out she'd had banana and that was what it looked like digested.

hope you get to the bottom of it.

neets197 Sat 22-Feb-14 13:08:29

Baby has been feeding well, loss of wet and good yellow/orange poo nappies.

Only been breastfed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now