Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Nursery in a cast?

(7 Posts)
weebarra Sat 22-Feb-14 09:27:42

Will contact nursery on Monday but thought I'd ask here too. DS2 goes to school nursery, he is 3.5. He broke his foot yesterday and is in a cast up to his knee. He gets it off in ten days and I was assuming I'd keep him off nursery next week. DH thinks he'd be fine to go in but I suspect they would cite health and safety. Anyone have any experience of this?

Sepianamechange Sat 22-Feb-14 09:32:03

My 3.5 year old is in a full arm cast for a week, and nursery have allowed her back, but with a note from A&E Drs to say that they are happy for her to return

Sepianamechange Sat 22-Feb-14 09:32:28

That is a private day nursery though....

EverythibgisonmyMurtaughlist Fri 07-Mar-14 12:08:17

A little bit different but my daughter's going to be in a double hip spica cast and her nursery have said will try to keep her coming but will have to do risk assessment - it's a private day nursery too.

kimlo Fri 07-Mar-14 12:17:37

with a risk assessment it should be fine. If you contact them today they should be able to do it before he needs to be in.

feetheart Fri 07-Mar-14 12:21:01

DS was welcomed back to his pre-school with a full leg cast after breaking his leg at 3.6. They were fabulous through and through.
I hope you get the same support from yours as we did.

ImNotReallyHere Fri 07-Mar-14 13:08:50

DD6 has been in school for 7 weeks now with a full leg cast and school have been fabulous. They were worried initially that she could get knocked over by other kids so we had to write a letter saying we wouldn't hold the school responsible if something happened.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now